Sunday, August 29, 2010

apple.


My fellow students, I figured I have made enough references to Facebook in my previous posts and have decided that despite the fact that there are so many things I cant focus on that relates to digital media, I’m going to give Facebook a rest this week. And instead talk about Apple. More specifically, the iPhone.

Just a little over a month ago the iPhone 4 was released and we witnessed hundreds, if not thousands of people wait for hours in lines in order to get their hands on the gadget. I have a friend who proudly told me he was the 50th person to get the iPhone in Melbourne. It’s a title he is so proud of he takes every opportunity he can to mention it. I find it hilarious.

The day the iPhone 4 was released, I went to my local shopping centre to look around. I had never owned an iPhone and was very anti-conformist about the whole thing. But out of curiosity I went up to a Virgin mobile stand and asked them if they had any more of the new iPhone’s left.

They told me there was one left.

I bought it.

Now I won’t sit here and brag about all the exciting things that my new iPhone can do. Nor will I sit here and name the flaws I believe it has.

I want to talk about how advanced technology has become. My boyfriend has an iPhone so it wasn’t like I had never played around with an iPhone before. But it’s the little things you notice when you spend several hours trying to figure it out that you actually begin to understand just how amazing technology is. The iPhone senses when you shake it, tilt or you flip it around. It has applications that allow you to play games, access your bank account and buy music, videos, books and so many other things. It allows you to access the internet wherever you are, and keeps you occupied for hours. And the part that amazes me the most is that the iPhone is so little, yet it can to so much.

I don’t regret buying the phone. Nor do I brag on about it. But it has quickly become a gadget that I cant live without. Its inbuilt GPS helped me get to 2 birthday parties and a lunch. I can now transfer money from one account to another in a matter of seconds, making my hunts for ATM’s a thing of the past. I can Google things on the spot, take photos and immediately upload them on to Facebook. I can’t send picture messages to my friends asking them what they think of my outfit. And, I can keep myself occupied with my countless games when I’m dozing off in class.

Without a doubt, Apple has created an amazing piece of technology, and it honestly does become a must have item that you can’t live without once you have had a taste. I’m already this amazed at what Apple has come up with, and I can only imagine what they will release next year.

Cheers Apple.

2 comments:

  1. haha, you never bragged about your new iphone 4? I find that hard to believe :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh but it is true my friend, I may have once or twice, but it just does not phase me the way it phases others

    ReplyDelete